I need to start counting sheep

I’m not one for confrontation in life, I just plain don’t like it. Why be confrontational and risk upsetting someone if it is just as easy to be passive (not aggressive) or just let something go without occurrence? I laid in bed this morning and realized that this is how I have single handedly managed to slowly kill most all of the relationships I have had. I would rather let a relationship of any sort just fizzle out, and die rather than actually say “Hey, it’s not working.” As I laid in bed this morning, unable to sleep, I reviewed the guys I’ve gone out with in the past 12 months. Great way to start the day…

Looking back over this I’m realizing so many things about me and I am astounded at my diversity in the guys I find myself attracted to…or for that fact not attracted to. Sometimes it was just a couple of dates, sometimes it was more than a month of getting to know each other and as some of them go, well they’re still in progress. However this brief review of my past year is by no means a science experiment but it might as well had been, and I truly think I could have got at least an honorable mention if it was. I started with a hypothesis, had a number of tests and came up with a conclusion. Isn’t that how we were supposed to make volcanoes in 4th grade?

Hypothesis:     I am casually okay with letting any sort of relationship “fizzle” and die while looking for something better.

Test:                 some pretty decent guys

Conclusion:      92% of the time Ashley lets it slowly die.
                         4% of the time Ashley act likes an adult.
                         4% of the time the only one that had hope, ended it with her.

Now it’s been quite some time since I did an actual science experiment so forgive me if my calculations are off but I’m pretty sure about my math on this one, give me a decent relationship, and there is a 92% chance I will make it fail. I feel that most every guy I dated was a great person, really wanted to get to know me and was in his own way awesome. I on the other hand have the attention span of a 3 year old after snack-time, give me one cookie and I’m running back and forth between the swing and the slide trying to figure out which one is more fun. And all the while, the fizzling is setting in. I slowly get uninterested and let the relationship just die, and I’ve never had a problem with it. That is, until I couldn’t think of anything else at 9 o’clock this morning.

So instead of keeping this tid-bit in my head all morning… I decided to share. Well, let’s just add one more thing to my list of things that makes me, me.
 

Comments

Popular Posts