Don't faux with me

I'm a guys girl, always have been.  I spent my youth going to football, basketball and track practices with my dad. I spend time at demolition derbies and can change a radiator in a 79 Lincoln. I can shovel manure and I'm not afraid to bait a hook.  I've always felt more comfortable around a group of guys than I have females, and quite frankly I find most women annoying.  This isn't to say that I don't enjoy being a chick.  I love to wear dresses and heels, I relish in having my hair and nails done, I can't pick up a dead mouse in my house without losing my mind; in all of these aspects, I am your typical female.  But here's the deal...women who pretend to be like the type of woman I truly am drive me absolutely nuts.

I cannot stand women who think that they need to brag on facebook/twitter/bathroom walls/whatever about their manly activities. Social media proclamations like "Watching football, drinking beer and hanging with guys, while girls are out getting their nails done means I'm awesome" are fucking bullshit.  The way you portray yourself is just pathetic, please stop with this vile, false, self promotion. Puh-lease.  It's sad.  It really is.  Stop trying to make people *guys* think "Oh my God, she's one in a million, I better wifey that dudes' girl up!" Because that's not what they think.  To be honest, it's just pitiful, you're trying way too hard and it shows. Now I'm one for shameless self promotion, but it's humorous in nature.  I don't fish for compliments and I will never say something just to elicit a compliment which you actually rarely receive. If you have to tell guys how great you are, are you really that great?

Now don't get it twisted, I'm not saying I'm great; I'm saying I'm real.  I don't need to boast on facebook every week about my fantasy score and my super funny team name and blah, blah, blah.  That means it's not really who you are, it's who you are wanting everyone to see.  I'm not trying to hack on these faux sports chicks solely... you ladies out there who only have these really "deep" messages while quoting 100 year old books and poets... let me clue you in on something.  I can google that shit too.  I know you, I know you aren't that deep in real life and I know that you're just trying to impress someone out there.  If I can see it, so can others.

So here's my elongated thesis shortened: Quit actin' a fool and stop breakin' your arm to pat yourself on the back for something that doesn't represent who you truly are.  I feel sad for you, but really I'm pissed because, you're giving legitimately intelligent chicks a bad name.  Go faux yourself.

Comments

  1. This was great! I'm obviously not a chick, but I totally get where you're coming from. Again, great post! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Us guys are talented in that we read people and can spot fake women from a mile away...those are the ones who tend to get used and then wonder why. See Taylor Swift as an obvious example. Most people I know don't even find her attractive, they find her a punchline. Don't break up with her or you will get a song written about you! I say just keep being yourself and forget what anyone else thinks. I find it easy to believe you are a guys girl, because you seem to have that innate ability to also spot the fake ones. Great read as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post Ash! If you truly are something, it shows in your actions, not what you post on FB.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts