I'm Ridin' Solo...until October

I'm 28 and everyone I know is getting married.  Everyone.  I love weddings, the flowers, the atmosphere, the free alcohol, the over-exuberant family members gushing about love...all that shit.  I love it. This summer alone I've already hit up 3 weddings and have 3 more coming at me strong until October.  I have RSVP'd every wedding I've ever been to as dateless.  I have never taken a date to a wedding, it's just not my thing.  The only time I took a date, was strictly to the reception ...and my boyfriend of the time told me going to the gym was more important to him than attending the ceremony with me. (Yes, I'm full on stupid for staying with him after that.)

So today, I dropped two more RSVP cards in the mail, one I promised a girlfriend we were going together as dates and I'm pumped for it! This will be our 2nd wedding date together, aren't we just the cutest couple!





The other wedding is later in the fall and will be an overnight adventure celebrating the bliss of my roommate from my freshman year at IU, Angela.  Now if I know her like I think I do, Angela will have a huge party and I'm sure this will be one of the most exciting weddings/receptions I've ever attended.  I think you all see where this next line is going... I RSVP'd with a +1.  In my head I have a trio of guys floating around that I will chose from to take.  One of them owes me majorly, so without a doubt, he will go with me just because I say so.  The other 2 are plausible ideas depending on where I'm at in life in 2 months.  This really is a huge step for me, my comfort zone is going solo and nothing else.

I guess I should say congratulations to me...now lets just see how I feel about it when I'm actually dancing outside of this comfort zone doing the hokey pokey with my IU girls and my +1.

Comments

  1. Yay! No hokey pokey so don't worry! And nothing wrong with taking a friend as a date, that's how I met Dustin. I was the date of one of my girlfriend's, if not we would have never met. Congrats I am excited to meet your date....whoever that may be!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I am so excited to be at your nuptials! You are the best :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts