Hey, come here often?

This morning while getting ready I noticed something exhilarating...I'm seeing a change in me.  My skin was glowing, my hair is healthy and most importantly, I'm getting toned.  Although I haven't got on the scale in over a week (by accident, I forgot to weigh in last week so I'm holding off until this Friday to see where I'm at) I know I'm doing right by me.  I looked in the mirror and I saw progress and I was downright thrilled with myself!  On off days I haven't made it to the gym, although I've got in some sort of exercise whether gardening, kicking ass at work or what-not, I feel gym guilt.  Gym guilt for me is when I know I have the physical strength to make it, but I pansy out (notice I substituted one of my favorite words, I'm trying to be a lady here.)  I'm really starting to love the time I spend at the gym, I'm pushing harder and harder and I'm even getting AC to run with me no matter how much she says she hates it. The monumental half marathon is in November, I want to run it and tomorrow I'm going to weasel AC into saying yes and doing it with me.  We are fit Ashleys, hear us roar!!!  

Now, the only small downside to the gym...every time I pull up I spend 10 minutes in the parking lot looking for Luke's car. Ooohhh look at that, I used his name for the first time ever in my blog! ::PROGRESS!::  Why in the hell out of every gym on the south-side, do we belong to the same one?  I could change locations but.. I know... I want to see him.  I want him to see me.  Throughout our relationship he tried his hardest to get me to work out.  Imagine a man that spends 2+ hours a day at the gym dating a young Paula Deen...that was us.  Bless his heart, he begged me to work out with him but I was so intimidated by the fact I had a super hot/buff boyfriend and I was anything but fit. I was embarrassed for him at how I looked.  Now, we barely speak but I know he's proud I work out and enjoy it...and I know I could kick his ass in cardio any day of the week.  When I wonder if I'm going to see him, I wonder because I want him to be proud of me for making the change he basically begged me for.  I want him to realize that although I hate how he told his new girlfriend I was just "some chubby cute girl" he dated, I thank him for giving me that extra push.  He taught me that I could enjoy working out and now I'm going to prove his "chubby girl" wrong. I'm not some chubby girl he dated; I'm a curvy vixen with a nice rack, a great personality and a gym membership I'm not letting expire.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Comments

Popular Posts