I live my life for the "Good Times"

I love music.  It's a fact.  I pride myself in the fact that I listen to various types of music and can find a truth in the words of complete strangers.  Certain songs identify my relationships with my sister or dad or friend, while other songs take me down memory lane to an exact moment in time.  However, there is one line in the Pat Green song, "Crazy" that I repeat to myself almost everyday:
" Don't you think that life would be awfully boring, if the good times were that we had?"

Today, while speaking with my best friend, I was once again reminded of this line that I find so very true.  In life there are ups and downs, peaks and valleys, highs and lows...whatever you refer to them as, you understand what I mean.  Whenever a friend asks me "Why is God doing this to me?" or "What did I do to deserve this?" I almost always reply with, "He won't give us more than He knows we can handle."  That, I believe, is the absolute truth.  As individuals, families and societies we are faced with problems that seem impossible to handle, yet we continue to strive and fight for a positive outcome. 

Whenever I have a moment in my life that the lows are out-weighing the highs, I think of this particular lyric by Pat Green, I lift my chin a little higher and move on.  It's amazing how such a simple line in a song can speak such truth.  Without having difficult and trying times in our lives, how would we know to identify the good times as great ones?  I consider it somewhat of a life scale.  On one end is devastation on the other is elation and in the middle is the day to day monotony of life.  This may sound trivial to some but I don't care, this is how I get by and I'm sure many others do also.  You realize only how amazing life can get after you have seen the darkest of times.  I have realized how to love someone with all of my heart and soul only after it has truly been broken and shattered by another.  I have learned to appreciate the greatness in life after watching many others struggle through their own battles. Today I listened to the sound of my best friend's heart breaking only to remind her that it will be stronger than ever when she is able to put it back together again.

I truly believe this with all my heart. I know this particular lyric will not resonate the same with others, but hopefully everyone has a lyric, a line or a quotation that keeps their head up and a positive vibe in their soul.  I know mine does.

" Don't you think life would be awfully boring, if the good times were all that we had?"

Pat Green- Crazy

Comments

Popular Posts