The Dating Game: It's a Contact Sport

The other day while enjoying some time with friends I decided I was going to set one of my good girlfriends up with a guy that I had recently stopped seeing.  This would be my first attempt at setting up any of my friends, let alone with a guy that I had dated.  I have been thinking about it for days and hoping for the right opportunity to contact this guy and see if he was interested...low and behold he contacted me today.

I would like to begin by saying that this guy has been seemingly sweet, comes from a very good family (single girl code for is family rich, not self-made rich,) owns his own condo downtown and has a nice job.  He's taken me out on a few nice dates and has shown himself to be of good character.  So herein lies the question, why didn't I stick with the fella?  I felt like I was Charlie Sheen going on a date with a defunct nun. Seriously, he was so open within the first few dates he even told me his "number."  Rule of Dating #1 Never discuss your previous lovers at any point in time in the relationship, ever.  It's like relationship reciepe for disaster, take an already unstable developing relationship and ad the ammo of heart break and experience (or lack-there-of) and throw in a dash of insecurity and immediately you have shit stew. This guy was so sweet that he stuck around, not dating anyone else for 4 weeks while I went on vacation, dated other guys and all around ignored his texts.  The moment I realized this kid had put his life on hold waiting on me to commit to him, I felt horrible.  Apparently he took our few dates as us being in a relationship and considered us exclusive, none of which I had on my game plan.  I honestly felt about as horrible as possible thinking I had wronged this sweetheart, until today.

So today, upon receiving a text from him, I brought up the idea of him taking my good friend out and getting to know her.  I could tell he was reluctant at first, and then warmed up to the idea, I told him how pretty, smart, caring, successful and amazing she is.  After all, she is my friend so you know she's gotta be pretty damn spectacular.  I sent him her name to connect on facebook and he seemed pretty game, then came,  "I don't think she's my type."  After me trying to understand what his type is and what was his deal I still have no idea what this guy is thinking.  This kid is adamant that I am his type and as much as I have tried to convince him otherwise he isn't giving in.  I am not going to settle down after 3 dates, I am loud, I am obnoxious, I am wild in front of those I am comfortable with and this guy is none of the above.  As many times over the past 2 weeks I've tried to convince him of this he isn't getting it.  I don't want to be rude and tell him all the reasons I'm not attracted to him (short, skinny, frat boy popped collar, loud talker) but if he contacts me again, I'm not holding back.  I have been polite, wished him the best, attempted to be his friend, civility stops now.

I realized over these texts that this had nothing to do with my friend, he was just trying to toy with me because I hurt him.  For him to try and repeatedly convince me that I have made the wrong decision and I should be with him further proves my point, you aren't my type asshole and I'm sure glad my friend isn't his. If she actually went out with this arrogant ass, I'd feel like a horrible friend. Dating may be a game, but the people who are playing are real, if you wanna use someone just to score, play football.  That way, when I beat your ass you at least have some sort of D protecting you.

Comments

Popular Posts