We'll make the best of what's around

Today is an amazing day! Yes, I realize it's only 26F outside, yes I realize there is no football on this weekend, and I have a busted up knee that is growing bacteria, but still... to me this day is glorious.

I slept 12 hours, had a guy make me smile and most importantly I am spending the night hanging out with one of my dear friends tonight.  My friend is an inspiration, after years of struggling with personal demons he has conquered his demons and now is living a happy and healthy life!  So this morning when I woke up thinking of him and felt inspired by how amazing he is doing in life, I picked up the phone and asked him to spend his Friday night with boring ol' me.  So I'm jazzed, we're getting my favorite Mexican food (Mi Pueblo!!!!) and going bowling (which I hate but know he'll make it fun for me!)  Whenever we are together we have a great time, so I'm looking forward to it!

Many of us know people who have struggled with their own personal demons and unfortunately some lose that battle and often their lives.  So today, I ask of you, if you know someone who has struggled and won that battle, congratulate them...they deserve it!

Turns out not where but who you're with
That really matters
And hurts not much when you're around
And if you hold on tight
To what you think is your thing is
You may find you're missing all the rest

-dmb "Best of What's Around"

Comments

Popular Posts