These boots are made for walkin'

I must admit although I was weary about coming to Texas, I enjoy my mom and sister’s home town.  Last night when I landed my sister called to say that she would see me tonight after her classes, when we pulled in the driveway my mom opened the garage door to reveal my sister lookin’ fly inside.  I was so super excited since she had just told me that I wouldn’t see her for another 24 hours.  We went out to eat and I enjoyed some FAB butternut squash tortellini and…PUMPKIN TIRAMISOU!!!!  




This morning mom and I left Sarah to do her homework and found ourselves shopping in the downtown area of Waxahachie.  I’ve given my mom shit for moving to a town with a name like Waxahachie but after a brief stop downtown I realized why she moved here, it is so much like Franklin it’s unbelievable.    Right down to a rustic courthouse right in the middle of the town square and a breakfast joint that reminded me so much of Don and Donna’s.  We had breakfast and then went off to do our favorite activity… SHOP!


First stop was the framing store, I got an amazing cross and a gift for one of LaLa’s aunties that is watching her this weekend. 

After talking with the owner for 20 minutes he brought me out the little ditty below from the back room.  Seriously, this was just lying in a file on his desk not in a frame and he left me alone with it for roughly two minutes.  I had actually briefly contemplated grabbing it and running… however my morals won… and I gave it back and avoided 5-10 for petty theft.



Next up was New Dove. OMG.  Best shi-shi vintage shop I’ve ever been in.  First off they had Halloween decorations everywhere that were classy-vintage-urban style.  I had planned on getting this rug until my mom reminded me that I had to fly it back and that was slightly upsetting.  


I meandered around this store for 10 minutes before realizing they had a small hidden 18 table cafĂ© in the back!  I made my mom walk the store twice because I was so in love.


Best part of the day was what my mom picked out for me.  I told her about my new blog and how I’m loving writing again and realize I miss this part of my life.  A few minutes later she was toting around this little piece for me to put on my desk at home  :)



Finally we stopped at a western wear shop and no surprise for anyone that knows me and my slight obsession with shoes… I got new boots!  



All in all I will admit although I have been a little apprehensive about coming I have had a great time so far.  Tonight it’s off to dinner and a movie.  Tomorrow the real adventure begins…College Station, Two-Stepping and me spending the night at the GPB sorority house.  WISH ME LUCK!

Tomorrow I’m sure my update will be much more witty and full of crazy times, but for right now, I’m just loving time with the fam!

Comments

Popular Posts