I hate to break it to you babe...but I'm not drowning

They say when God closes a door he opens a window.  I've been sitting in a closed off room for months and finally somebody opened a window for me.  I realize that in life I've always done something because everyone expected it of me, not because I really wanted to.  

So now, I'm doing it FOR me! 

I woke up this morning with a feeling of serenity and enlightenment, something I haven't felt in months, maybe years, yea many years.  It's funny in the past week I've had so many people tell me that I've taken a wrong turn somewhere and I should just bite the bullet and start something new.  In the past week I've been told to just change what I'm doing, I keep putting them off with excuses of commitments and time constraints but now, I have none.  I'm ready, I'm doing this, I'm finally for the first time not doing something that is expected of me, but instead doing something that IS me. 

I've recently become obsessed with the new Sara Bareilles song, King of Anything... this lyric totally fits my life...
All my life I’ve tried
To make everybody happy while I
Just hurt and hide waiting for someone to tell me
It’s my turn to decide...
Soooooo basically...it's about to get interesting :) 



Comments

Popular Posts