Have song, will travel...

I’ve tried to write something funny, witty and intelligent now for the past 30 minutes.  I’m sitting at the airport full of inspiration of families and business people, stories of success and failure, enjoying a cocktail with a few from the west coast and digging into the lives others…however none of this seems the least bit interesting at this moment.  I can’t focus on what is going on around me.  I’m too jazzed off the past 18 hours of my life to even notice what’s going on.  However I can't write about it because I promised myself and someone else I won't. 

So instead maybe I'll write about a made up story.  Sometimes life gives you a moment that makes for a perfect story; a moment that seems written for a song.  If I were to write a song, maybe it would be  based on the following story…

Girl goes to concert in busy city with friend, taking place at epic baseball field (let’s call it Wrigley.)  As girl is crossing street she sees a familiar face and calls out his name.  Girl and boy spend time after the concert partying the night away around said “windy” city.  Girl leaves city with morally degraded friend, parting ways from boy thinking she will see him again, maybe in two summers for the same concert that sparked their friendship three summers before.  Instead, girl is surprised that she spends next four weeks day and night getting to know this boy. And finally the night before the girl leaves to go on vacation, said boy comes to visit her.  Girl and boy realize that although, funny the way it is, maybe one night singing songs in a windy city was the perfect intro to a song they both might enjoy.  And so it is… boy takes girl to airport, says goodbye and girl sits inside starring out at the rain wondering when the next time she will see him again is.

So here I sit, with all of this priceless inspiration around me and I write of a song that many might consider a one hit wonder.  But me…I’m going to keep the faith, for once I’m going to believe in my writing and think this little song I hum in my head, may just be something that plays for more than just a fleeting moment.

Ciao friends...I'm leaving on a jet-plane.  See you in Texas ;)

Comments

Popular Posts