2013 - The Year of Doing Me

On New Years Eve 2012, I sat with my sister at the Pacers game and came up with my New Years Resolutions. I was going to spend 2013  living life for me. It was to be the year I "Do Me." That game, I also made a very "me" statement to my sister. Coyly I pointed out a man and said "See that guy down there? The tall one. I'm gonna get that guy."

One year to the exact hour later, I sat in the same arena with one of my best friends and recalled my previous New Years Eve statements. Two things are true. I lived 2013 for me and I got that guy. I had a year of promotions, concerts, sporting events, late nights and tons of laughs. I had once in a lifetime moments that will last a lifetime in my mind. For a brokeass single chick, I did well on my last year's resolutions I think.

It was a great year but nothing ever goes as planned. It wasn't in my plans to have both my dog and my cat kick the can on me and turn me into an emotional firework. The thing with the guy turned into more than a thing it turned into heartache and "Doing me" ended up hurting others. also,  I wrecked my car...twice and fell down a bunch so technically "Doing me" hurt me too.

"Doing me" in 2013 was a rough road but a pretty ride. I think I'll try it again this year. Maybe, I will come out with a few less aches and pains.

Happy New Year my friends!

Comments

Popular Posts