Hide your crazy and start actin' like a lady...


My friends always say they live vicariously through me.  That through my blog and tweets, they see into the life of the single chick without kids, the woman they have graduated from.  It’s fun.  I like thinking that people are envious of some aspect of my life, it’s like knowing when someone likes your outfit and it makes you walk a little taller.  I tell stories because I know my life is funny, somewhat random and often out of the ordinary or even crazy. I tell my life to you, because it’s fun for me.  Today is one of those days I’m living vicariously through all of you instead.

Today sucked.  I was going to try and write something cute and catchy about the pitfalls of dating emotionally and physically unavailable men when I just realized: nothing about me today is cute and catchy.  Okay, yes, I'm always cute but catchy today, I am not. A good mood I am not either.  It’s been a long time since I wrote about the guys in my life, and as you would expect, there is a calculated reason for it.  I've been happy, I've been really happy…up until today.  To revisit my original thought; today sucked.

When a guy exits my life I often have a post to his rise or demise and I get the moral of the story across in a bitchy manner.  More often than not, those guys read my writing…some of the most honest conversations I've had are right after they've read about themselves. Sometimes I feel bad or even remorseful but other times I feel liberated like "HEY ASSHOLE THIS IS WHAT YOU DID WRONG!" And then I sit and watch my page views climb and I laugh into my vodka, Chelsea Handler style. 

Anyhow...Today a guy walked out of my life, threw his hands up and said he was done, I don’t blame him.  He doesn't get a funny story or a slander, he doesn't get demonically hurt. This guy is special, so he gets his privacy. He doesn't even read my writing, but he knows it exists.  He’s a Yankees fan who hates Dave Matthews Band, dogs and chocolate… it was never going to work. However, he thought great things about me...so I wish it would have worked out, that would've been fantastic.  So anyhow, today sucked.

Now?  Back to being happy.  It’s better than continuing to let today suck.

oh and if you don't get the title of the post... you need to listen to more country music.

Comments

Popular Posts