You're gonna miss me when I'm gone

Okay, it's that time of year again, bust out my plaid skirt and polo tee, I'm back to being a Catholic and ready for my Lenten sacrifice.  Last year I tried to give up ______ and I made it a whopping 3 days. I'll let you all imagine what that was but let's just say a man talked me into going back on that promise. I also tried to give up cursing but really....if you know me you know that was unsuccessful as hell.

So this year I'm taking a different approach, why not give up something I can immediately see the benefits of and correlate that time I gain into something more productive?



I'm giving up my personal twitter.  Say hasta la vista baby... I'm done for 40 days and 40 nights.  I will however continue to blog and tweet for my work, so if you really want to know what I am up to... check back here periodically.  I want to spend that time focusing on a better me and alternating my waste of social media space into more worship time.  I've realized my relationship with God has become strained and stretched and I need to work on that first and foremost.  I've been coming up with this plan for about a week now and I have to admit, it scares the shit out of me.  So to make sure I don't cheat and I will be held accountable, I'm telling everyone... I give up twitter.  My password will be changed tomorrow morning by a friend, sealed in an envelope and placed on my desk where I will stare at it every day and remind myself, "God is bigger than social media." 

Secondary thought, I'm giving up booze as well.  Straight up.  I'm done. No wine, no beer, no vodka, no old fashions... I'm crying just thinking of this.  No not really, but what could it hurt?  A buddy of mine is doing the same and his point is save some money, shed some lbs, be a better person.  I couldn't agree more.

My aunt brought up a few years ago, why not add something to your life during Lent instead of just giving something up.  So here is where I will add in my time with God.  The parish in my neighborhood is small and struggling, why not give them my support and become a regular attendee.  Hell, I can even walk, it's approximately 10 houses away.

So there it is ladies and gents:
No Twitter
No Booze
More God

I can do it.  





Comments

  1. Good luck girl! I haven't given anything up in a long time. I've been doing what you are doing...trying to do something better. Mine is the same as yours this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Ash! Kick some Lint booty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this, just stick to your guns and see it through. On a selfish level you will be missed on The Twitter, but it is a great idea and you will be better because of it. Enjoy your Lent season and your followers and friends will be ready to welcome you back after Easter. Until then take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it! Your friends and followers will miss you while you are gone, no doubt, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! Hope everything works out for you and see you after Easter! Go IU also! They should have the Championship near wrapped by Easter...

    ReplyDelete
  5. So what was it that you gave up last year? Knitting? BJs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. no booze? How has that worked out for you..?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts