Valentine's Help For The Fellas

With Valentines Day coming up I have been asked by a reader and fellow blogger to put together a Do and Don't list for the fellas. Remember, if you take my advice, every woman is different, you know your woman the best...but really I'm an expert on everything so just go with what I say. 

Do
- Make her feel special!

- Get her a card, make sure to actually read the card and choose one that fits your relationship. *Bonus points: get a beautiful blank card and write a real, sincere message on the inside. 

- Flowers aren't necessary, she may think big bouquets are atrocious. But my rule is always: a single rose is never too much but no flower at all is never enough. 

- Make plans! (Give her a heads up so she knows something is happening and she doesn't stab a voodoo doll with your name on it during the day) *Bonus points: texts throughout the day telling her how excited/in love/whatever you are. 

Plans:
This may be going out to dinner. If so, a hip restaurant with a cozy feel is always a winner...as long as they have good food. Read reviews first! Know if they take reservations, know their specialties, get a sense for the place. 

If you'd rather, cooking for her is always appreciated. Not always enjoyed, but always appreciated. Make sure to choose something right for you and your lady. Don't cook the vegan a steak and stay away from gaseous foods if you plan on some late night activity. 

One of my favorite dinner ideas is ordering in or picking it up...with a twist. This involves really knowing your lady, but its well worth it.  Get appetizer, main course and dessert from her favorite restaurants. Does she love the shrimp cocktail at St. Elmo's but the Chicken Parm at Iarias and the Creme Brûlée at Ruth's? GO GET ALL 3! Show up at home with a bottle of wine, her favorite movie and you're GOLDEN. 

- If gift giving is in your nature, jewelry is always smiled upon. However what about tickets to the symphony, a show, a event she would like...anything that would mean another romantic date with you!

- Do put thought into whatever you do. This doesn't have to be a Hallmark holiday but it should be memorable. 


Don't
- Don't blow this off, it means something to her. That's what this is about. 

- Don't forget. We all know what February 14 is. 

- Don't ever, ever, ever pick a fight on valentines day. You know when you are picking one. Don't fucking do it. (Yes, this happened to me.)

- Don't do the loving stuff just once a year. She puts up with you, your friends, your video games and your sports addictions year round. She deserves to be adorned year round as well. 

Definitely don't make light of this holiday. She doesn't.  Even if she pretends she doesn't care...she does. This is about a mutual love so share in the fun together. 

Comments

  1. Pash
    This blog really rocks, I have forwarded this by boyfriend bcs last year it was truly sad!

    What are your thoughts on human trafficking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pash, I'm dying to know. What's the best vday gift you've ever received?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have had 2 crappy boyfriends on Valentines Day... I have never received a gift!!! Just flowers from friends.

      Delete
  3. How about some advice from a guy to the girl? Because us guys like to be wined and dined. Get me a sports ticket to a Pacers game within a good viewing area. Or get me WWE tickets. Even picking up some dvd that I've been eyeing would be excellent. But just remember the fellas don't mind a little extra something from time to time. I'll be spending my v-day the same way I always do...as any other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree! The man deserves just as much love and attention :)

      Delete
  4. Pash. My birthday is 2/14 every year. I dont have any business giving advice but I'll try. Just hold her hand asshole.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts