It's just a state of mind

I have a few thoughts on my mind tonight and I apologize in advance for how I am about to skip around from subject to subject.  I'll attempt to make my thoughts coherent and logical by sticking to locations...but if you read this blog on the reg, you know I'm never 100% on my game.

Chicago:
I've got a guy up there.  He's pretty great.  He spoils me silly, tells me I'm beautiful, enjoys great music and has great taste in women.  He sends me roses, brings me amazing wine and is adored by my entire posse. He has a great heart, a kind soul and a humor that lies just beneath the surface.  I'm trying to figure this situation out but to be honest... I just don't know.  Distances don't play out well in relationships and neither one of us are naive enough to forget this.

Arizona:
My lifelong friend came home from Tuscon this weekend.  I forced myself to hold back tears when I saw her face.  I hate this state.  It took my partner in crime from me.  I want her back.  Go "f" yourself Tuscon.

Jasper:
I had a great weekend getting there and an even better time getting hammered while in the Germany of Indiana.  "Usher" and I drove down this weekend in a bitchin convertible to see my freshman year roommate, Angela, marry the man of her dreams.  To get there, we went down IN-45 with the top down, enjoying Peak Season, my mind and my body relaxed, tunes blasting, I had my person by my side and it was absolutely the most amazing drive I've ever been on.  I turned to him at one point, smiling and what I said at that moment was the most true statement I could make... "All is right in the world right now."  It was true.  At that moment in time, all was right in my world.  The wedding was gorgeous, the reception was a blast, the after party (specifically me) was a shit-show and the next morning was a headache.  Loved seeing all my Magee people especially the most gorgeous bride ever.


Texas:
My sister is there.  Someone just broke her heart.  I need detailed information regarding the gun laws and manslaughter charges in the lonestar state, please.  I need to inform myself and possibly preemptively hire an attorney for myself and my step-sister.  Everything is bigger in Texas...including revenge.



Los Angeles:
I miss my soul mate.  She's there.  I'm here.  I need her in my life more so than I can ever explain. Usher is my person.  She is my soul mate. Without her I've just got my people, not my soul.

Colorado:
I can't even explain.  It's just a state that contains something I want. I usually get what I want.  This time, I know I won't.

Indiana:
Peak season. Basketball. My friends. My job. My dogs. My family. My reality.  It's what breathes life into me...and it's the only place holding me back from all of my dreams. It's my home and right now there is not place I think I'd rather be.

Comments

  1. No comment that your poor mother was Sick in New Jersey the smelliest state of the union and one one care to acknowledge she could be deathely ill. Glad to know you have the rest of the states covered!!! lol Luv Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus, Patty. Yes you are in New Jersey, the arm pit of America. I have no desire to be there. Go to bed now, Mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You were in Jasper and didn't tell me????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry AMF! I was just there for like 12 hours for a wedding, I thought about you but had no time :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO glad you were there! Thank you so much for coming, it meant so much to me to look back and see the faces of people who had been a big part of my life. I am so glad we were reunited. Visit will happen again MUCH sooner this time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts