Bad decisions and good times


Last night I found myself thinking about some recent choices I’ve made in life and I realized they are pretty congruent with all my other life decisions…bad.  I continually make bad choices. CONTINUALLY.  It’s my most prominent trait.  If I had a tag line it would be, “Patricia Ashley- Bad decision maker, 5’10, brunette, green eyes, loud mouth and an asshole.”  If life is a journey, I’m standing at a fork in the road and I’m going to go down the one that looks all scary and violent, never the road paved in gold.  Having something paved in gold is just way too easy and to be honest, I don’t look good in gold.  I don’t make bad decisions because I hope they turn out horrible, I make bad decisions because I would rather have a good story and a great time than a safe and predictable travel.

Isn’t that what life is all about…the road we take while getting to our final destination?  If I would have made good choices in my life here are a few things I would have missed out on:
  •       7 extra days in LA with my soulmate which turned into being on set for a Maroon 5 video, a beautiful trip to Malibu and many other memories I want to keep to myself.
  •          Meeting a man.  Loving him.  Realizing he’s my best friend.
  •          A drunken night on the hood of my car with my baby sister staring at the stars and discovering each other’s dreams.
  •          The most epic and indecent story I know, involving small town cops & the judge that kept us out of jail.

I’m never going to change my decision making skills, it’s who I am.  I’m an intelligent, witty, loving and fun woman who makes bad decisions.  Take it or leave it.  It’s me. 

Comments

  1. Sounds like there were worst decisions that could have been made. Without the decisions we make, good or bad, we are not the people we are today. Keep doing what you do and being who ya are.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts