Ladies, Laser Tag and Louis

I realized today how awesome is it to look at your life and say, Damn, I'm really happy and nobody has made me this way but me.

This weekend has been one of the most amazing weekends I've had in a while :)  Lately I've been spending my time doing what I want to do, with whomever I want to do it with.  3 dates made for a great work week and helped pass the monotony of Monday through Friday work life. Girls night on Friday was spent laughing, munching, drinking and dancing to some old school jams.  To be a fly on the wall at our girls night could have clued in men to 99% of the mysteries of women; we talked of love, lust and exactly what we want in life.  We also discussed a new business adventure I'm really excited for and I can't wait to share with all of you!

Saturday morning I roped my guy friend into traveling with me to Brown County to get some leather for work.  We had a great time on the scenic drive, drinking beers and eating calzones at "The Big Woods Abide" and of course getting some homemade ice cream before starting the drive back north.  I even took him to the Bean Blossom Covered Bridge where we took pictures and for the first time in 28 years, I finally signed one of the planks.  Last night was by far the kicker...two words. Laser. Tag. Imagine, 10 adults with obscene code names, celebrating a 30th birthday by shooting the hell out of each other, getting disciplined by the 16 year old girl that worked there and running down preschool children. Best birthday party ever (Thanks, Rory & Sarah!)  Last night after Laser Tag and all around awesomeness, we sat outside and closed down Bub's on the Monon. I made new friends, had deep conversations with a 7 year old, enjoyed life and celebrated Da Bear's birthday.  It was a great feeling aside from the excessive bulge from my stomach (good lawd those burgers are good!)

While riding home in the car last night I began to think about all the places my life has taken me and all the places, people and events that hold a special place in my heart.  I was exhausted, content and smiling while listening to Louis Armstrong and Frank Sinatra the entire way home.  I felt at peace all curled up in my seat enjoying the cool night's air and the drive home. One of my best friends by my side, my career and life falling into place and the smooth sounds that relax my soul... it was a perfect evening at it's finest.  


Comments

Popular Posts