My New Man

It has been forever since I sat down and actually wrote a blog, in fact it’s been forever since I sat down and wrote ANYTHING.  Ugh, I am completely disappointed in myself and I’m sure all you faithful followers are as well ::Sarcasm Font::  It’s been on my mind the past few days what I want to write about and now that I have some down time, here it goes.

 
I met a man who has changed my life!  When he is around I drop the bitch façade, set down the vino and become flushed all over.  This man can yell and scream at me all he wants and no way in hell am I going to turn away from him, I’m going to instead run to him and kiss his face.  I know what everyone is thinking, after my tumultuous past how can I let a male yell and scream at me?  Easy, he’s  5 months old and I will do anything for his stinking cute face!  However, before I get ahead of myself and tell you all about how my nephew, Cohen, is the most amazing kid on the planet let me fill you in on a few other details about my life.

Two months ago my best friend, a chick I’ve known since 5th grade moved in with me and we’ve been tearing it up like we are 21, once again.  We have too much fun, yell too loud, consume too much and have waaayyy too much estrogen in one house.  As if this wasn’t enough, a few weeks ago, my sister came to me needing a place to stay.  Now for those of you who have not visited my house it may surprise you to know that I do not live in a mansion, instead a two bedroom home that is pushing a century (with only 1 bathroom.)  However, my sister says she needs a place to stay, she gets a place to stay.  I don’t care if I’m living in a cardboard box, my space is her space and I will give her anything she needs, that’s what sisters are for.  Now comes in the part about my nephew, as he is her child, my roof will cover his head as well when whenever it can!  So for those of you keeping count, 3 women, 2 dogs, 1 baby & 1 cat in a 1200 square foot house.  Lucky for us we all love each other and we wouldn’t have it any other way!

Now back to where I began, this boy has changed our life!  Two nights ago was the perfect example, the three of us attempting to set up his pack and lay crib…for the love of God, that thing is like rocket science if you do not have the directions!  After one hour of us yelling at it, trying to YouTube videos, baby Cohen laughing at his mommy and his aunties… we figured it out.  We were nothing short of comical to Cohen, I’m sure, as he sat there staring at us giggling with the dogs laying around him (they think they are his official body guard service.)  Then  we realized he didn’t have his mobile, or as we like to call it, “his friends,”  so out came Aunt Ashley’s inner hippie.  I grabbed every bright colored scarf I could find and hung it directly above his bed on the ceiling fan, of course HE LOVED IT!  Finally once we had everything in order, a cooing baby and two exhausted dogs; the three of us disheveled ladies sat down with a glass of milk and some Netflix. 

Yup, on a Wednesday night, when you can regularly find Kim singing at That Place or me at McGilvery’s…we watched a movie…with milk.  This boy has changed our lives, and I’m pretty sure it’s the best thing to ever happen.

Comments

Popular Posts