I appear to be successful, you appear to be an idiot.

Appearances are everything in this day and age, at least, something I see as everything.  Keeping up an appearance of success, intelligence and confidence can keep you ahead of the rest.  Everyday I practice this philosiphy, I may be unemployed, but I will never have the appearance of being unsuccessful.  Everyday I get dressed, when I leave the house I'd like to appear as someone who doesn't have to work rather than someone out of work.  If that means making sure my purse matches my outfit, my makeup is perfectly done, my car is constantly clean and my grammar is absolutely pristine, then so be it. 

This facade can be carried over to such venues as facebook.  Anymore it seems people do not seem care whether or not they spell correctly, they capitalize and puncutate correctly, nor keep business they should keep personal, actually personal.  I know that I air my business in my blog, but I do so with the confidence that my friends on facebook only read my blog if they actually want to, not just because it's in a news feed.  To those people who choose to air their business about their baby daddy/momma, in ALL CAPS WIT ncorrect spllng, wat do u ppl think of urselves?  If you don't have enough dignity to keep up the appearance of a self respecting, intelligent person then I'm glad we're only friends on facebook and not in real life.  If you don't know how to spell something, spell check it.  When you type in all caps you're screaming, and no one cares if you are screaming about how you just finished your laundry.  There is a difference between they're, their and there; if you haven't figured it out yet, go back and get your GED.  The same goes for your and you're, in case you are wondering.   The lack of intelligence, decency and dignity in your facebook posts embarrasses you, your family and your friends.  To be successful in life you need to create the appearance of success, start small with facebook, then work on what else can be adjusted in your real life, assuming you have one. 

So as I began, appearances are everything.  You can appear to be intelligent via your posts even if you are not.  Who in this world honestly wants to appear uneducated, unrefined and classless?  This may seem stuck-up and superficial of me, but that is how the world works, I hate to break it to you.  The world takes your outward appearance both physically and virtually and makes an assumption as to who you are, what you are made of and what you are going to be.  I choose for my appearance to be one that makes my family and friends proud to be a part of my life. I used to post bullshit about going out and partying and being too cool for school, but I realized now it's more imporatant to be someone my family and friends want to be associated with.

I don't write this to boast myself, my lifestyle or my intelligence but instead because this world needs more successful people.  People who have confidence in themselves and their future can change this world and their own destiny.  I want all my friends, real and virtual, to be successful and even if you aren't, you can at least appear to be.

Ciao!

Comments

  1. Be careful. I'm not just talking about pissing people off; that's actually pretty irrelevant. I know that I don't have any pull with you to have this conversation -- nor do you necessarily have any incentive -- but I think I can provide a useful perspective. Message me or call me.

    Brent C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You spelled philosophy wrong. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it humorous that your post is about spell check and appearances and you spelled punctuate and philosophy wrong-just saying-hit the spell check button! But I do find this post to be simply amazing and some people will not be able to read this because they know it is directly intended to them. Funny how that works, huh? I agree people need to keep their personal stuff just that-personal!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I can't believe I spelled them wrong either, I did spell check, but this was on my old mac (and I suck at using it!) It kept telling me I spelled intended wrong as well, but it was right. Next time, I'm sticking with a platform I know. Thanks for reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Successful people don't write posts like this. Successful people are confident in what they do and they know why they are successful. They don't worry about their make-up being done perfectly or whether or not their outfit matches.

    Success is about substance, not appearance. This idea that your appearance defines your success or somehow will lead to being successful is flawed. Yes, success people do sometimes worry about appearance, but that isn't what makes them successful!

    The very fact that you wrote this post tells me you are insecure, and feel the need to have others see that you have your stuff together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for reading! I am extremely secure in who I am, maybe not what I look like or maybe not in a decision I made, but as an overall evaluation of me. I am secure in myself, I do not believe that appearance is the only thing that makes you successful, and that was not my point. I believe that once you see yourself as successful, then you can truly be the same. Others can see me however they wish, it's the fact that I want to see myself as successful that is key. Success for me is not only appearance, but instead the success of having strong relationships, a strong mind and a kind heart.

    I appreciate your thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You dress for the role you want in life. If you do not take pride in your appearance and how people perceive then your content with your life and you have not chosen to challenge yourself. You can never take back a first impression, and if you choose not to take pride in your appearance then you first impression will mostly likely be your last impression. I have been successful in life because I am confident in my appearance, intelligence, ability to perform, and my first impressions have also been one hell of a first impression.

    Keep up the good work pAsh and I look forward to reading more of your blogs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts