Things to be happy about :)

Since I wrote a Whiny McWhinerton post about a handful of the things in my day to day life that annoy the  living daylights out of me, I thought I would write a post as well documenting a few of the things that make me happy.  When I was in high school and going through a hard time dealing with life I bought a book, "14,000 things to be happy about." This book is so basic, it's comical, for instance page 278 ends with porch swings and shrimp salad.  It's just a list of things that make the author smile so here it goes, a small list of the things that make me smile.

the moment just before a first kiss, when the world disappears
November 25, 1992...the day we got married
aprons with flour on them
flowers from my own garden
notorious thugs, yes, by bone thugs
the squeak of sneakers on hardwood
old pictures and how the colors are a muted tone of reality
fierce grape Gatorade, you rock
the way my dog tilts her head when you ask her a question, as if she's pondering the answer
downtown Edinburgh, Indiana, in December, at night
the way my dad dances and sings into spoons while cooking in the kitchen
falling asleep with my little cousin twirling my hair and hogging my space
driving through Bean Blossom, Indiana, knowing I'm almost all the way to Nashville
taking Covered Bridge Road with someone who has never driven it before, and watching their face
smiley's cruise and listening to some Journey and Bad Company
coming down the escalator at LAX arrivals
butterscotch pie
feeling my Grandma's hands brush through my hair
vanity plates
knowing when someone is pregnant :)
the crack of a driver smacking a golfball at daybreak
an elderly couple holding hands
smooth rocks
Madison, Indiana
road trips to nowhere
good morning beautiful mornings
my memory of the day my sister was born
cows
my blog readers and their comments :)

xoxo- pash

Comments

Popular Posts